Thursday, February 16, 2017

Essie Ballet Nudes Collection Comparisons




Today I am sharing some comparisons for the new Essie Ballet Nudes Collection. If you want to see how these polishes apply, I have a review and live swatch video of this entire collection on my YouTube Channel if you want to check it out!


If you aren't familiar with the Essie Gel Couture Polishes, you can watch my other review of the new line. I talk about wear, application and mention some of my favorite colors. I love these polishes so much!


Okay, let's get into the comparisons...


Satin Slipper- a champagne ivory polish with a subtle silver shimmer. (My swatch turned out slightly more yellow, but the polish leans slightly more pink.)



This bottle shot is a little more accurate. Here it is compared to Mademoiselle which is more pink but pretty close. The closest I have in my collection. They aren't dupes by any means, but it gives you an idea of the color tone.


Lace Me Up- Is a very light soft pink. It's beautiful polish!



Have we seen this before? It's right in between Ballet Slippers and Romper Room. If you have either of those you might not need this. If you love either of those colors, you might want to pick up the gel Couture version to see if you can get longer wear out of it.



At The Barre- Is a brown toned nude, which is very close to my skin tone.


It is a bit richer than High Class Affair and more brown toned. High Class Affair is leans more pink. I prefer At The Barre on my skin tone :). Definitely not a dupe, but pretty close.


Perfect Posture- This polish is a periwinkle powder blue and I love it! It's my favorite from the collection! (I am a sucker for periwinkle polishes.)


I pulled out Virgin Snow and they are pretty much exactly the same polish. If you never picked that one up from the Essie Winter 2015 Collection and regret it, then make sure to get Perfect Posture. I am happy to have both though. Haha.  I kinda want to compare the longevity of these together. What do you guys think?! (Oops, I forgot to do a hand shot for these two, sorry)



Hold The Position- Is a soft and subtle peachy pink. It is snowing up a bit bright in this photo.


It is pretty close to Couture Curator (my favorite Essie Gel Couture polish), but they do have some slight differences which I can appreciate. Couture Curator is more of a bright summer polish (in my opinion), and leans a little more pink. CC is still my fave, but they are both very flattering. :)



Here is a closer look at the two on the nails...



Closing Night- Is a blue toned gray polish with a subtle blue shimmer. It's gorgeous, and another one of my favorites from the collection. I don't have anything that compares to this one, which is the reason it's a favorite. 


That's it for the comparisons! What do you think about this collection? Have you tried any polishes from this line yet? Which ones are your favorites? I would love to try out some more from their main line, so let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog!

-Go Polished




No comments:

Post a Comment