Thursday, July 7, 2016

My #3 Favorite Polish for Summer 2016...

Vintage!


Vintage is a new release from ORLY's Melrose spring collection for 2016. This is the only polish I have from this collection, and when I saw the swatch I knew that I needed to snag it. It's a bright and happy green toned turquoise. The formula leans a little crelly. The swatch below is three thinner coats, which I think is better than two thicker coats (which can tend to peal off the nail more easily). How pretty is that color?!


When I swatched Vintage I thought it would be very close to Essie's First Timer (one of my favorite summer greens), but Vintage is more cool toned. When compared to Too Yacht Too Handle by China Glaze it looks almost identical in the bottle, but when swatched TYTH really brings out the green in Vintage because it is more cool toned. 


Here's a closer comparison of TYTH and Vintage. Now you can see the difference right? The formulas are quite different as well. Since TYTH is more of a neon, the formula is more chalky and it's opaque in two easy coats. Vintage, while bright definitely isn't a neon, has more of a crelly formula which can take up to three coats to be opaque. LOVE both!


 I had a hard time thinking of a name for this design. After some suggestions from my awesome Instafriends, I decided on Cleopatra Design. A little cheezy, but I thought it was appropriate :). I don't know how else to explain it, except elegant and beautiful. It's a design that's fun to dress up with rings and bracelets.


Here are the supplies I used to create this look (with links):

Click on the link below to see the full length tutorial. *If you recreate this look use #gopolishednails in Instagram so I can see it!


-Go Polished

No comments:

Post a Comment