Monday, May 23, 2016

ORLY PCH summer 2016 comparisons



I have swatches and comparisons for the new ORLY Pacific Coast Highway collection that was released this summer. I also have a live swatch and in depth review video of the entire collection. If you haven't seen it, click on the link below.


There are 6 polishes in the collection. They are mostly neons, with a few very vibrant purples. Let's get started :).
 Life's A Beach-a neon orange polish that leans more red. Opaque in two coats.


I wanted to compare this to one of the new China Glaze Lite Bright polishes-Papa Don't Preach. As you can both that and Pool Party lean more pink. I don't have any others that compare to this in my collection.


Road Trippin'- A very neon yellow with fantastic formula. Swatch is two coats.


I think everyone will most likely be wanting to know how Road Trippin' compares to the ever popular ORLY Glow Stick. Road Trippin' definitely leans more yellow while Glow Stick leans more green. The formula on Road Trippin' is fantastic and opaque in two coats while Glow Stick can take up to 3 or 4 coats for full opacity. China Glaze Lemon Fizz in quite a bright yellow but, Road Trippin' is still quite a bit brighter in color. Definitely neon and not for the faint of heart. :)


Paradise Cove- A gorgeous vibrant purple with a very slight silver shimmer. Fantastic formula as well. Swatch is two coats. 


Scenic Route- A light an very bright lavender with great formula as well. Swatch is two coats.


I didn't have anything in my collection that came close to Paradise Cove, which makes me love it even more. I did want to see how it was side by side with ORLY Frolic (one of my favorites) and was surprised at how much brighter it was. And Frolic of coarse is a straight up creme. Scenic Route was similar in color tone to Essie's Splash of Grenadine and Defy and Inspire's Top Model but it's so much brighter that I didn't even picture them together. I love both of these purples from this collection SO much. So pretty!! Can't wait to wear them poolside! Bring on summer!


 Put The Top Down- A light and bright neon pink. Great formula, opaque in two coats.


ORLY Beach Cruiser is my all time favorite neon pink-the only one that I will dare wear on my fingers in the summer time. I was happy to see that Put The Top Down was quite a bit lighter. Love both of them. ORLY sure does know how to do neons right! I can see this one pool side too :).


 Summer Sunset- A yellow toned orange with very fine orange glitter that translates on the nail. Took three thin coats to be opaque. Not really a favorite of mine, so I don't have anything to compare it to, which does make it quite unique. It really does live up to it's name though. 


So that's it for this collection! Do you have your eye on any of these for this summer? Let me know in the comments below which ones! Can't wait for summer to officially arrive!

-Go Polished


No comments:

Post a Comment