Monday, February 29, 2016

Essie 2016 Spring Collection Comparsions!!

The recent releases of spring collections definitely has me dreaming of warmer weather! I was really impressed with this Essie collection. The formulas were fantastic and several are one coaters! Have you seen my live swatch video? If you haven't, click on the link below:



And, here is a link to the collection on Amazon: Essie Spring 2016

I pulled out several polishes from my collection that are in the same color family to see if there are any dupes from previous collections, or recent collections. I like to compare all brands because I figure if you have one that is the same color in any brand, you would want to know. Right? Okay, lets get into the review and comps now. 

High Class Affair- is a light and soft peachy nude polish. The formula is smooth and creamy and it has great coverage in two coats.


I think if Essie Back in The Limo and Essie Topless and Barefoot had a baby it would be High Class Affair :). It really is just the perfect marriage between the two. So...no dupe here (at least in my collection).


Lounge Lover- is a light peachy pink/coral polish. The formula is fantastic and it is opaque in two coats. I ended up getting the coats a little too thick in this swatch. (I had problems with the paint running down the handle of the brush and pooling on the nail. A problem I seem to have with Essie polishes sometimes. But, you just need to clean off the handle on the side of the bottle before application.) Anywho, I love this polish it's beautiful!


This polish is pretty much the exact same as OPI's Got Myself Into A Jam-balaya which was just released in OPI's New Orleans collection. It's also the same as a new polish 'The Hills' from Defy and Inspire (the new target line-review coming soon). If I had to choose between all three I would go for Lounge Lover or The Hills. Both have fantastic formulas and both are opaque in two coats. CFAC takes three coats to be opaque.


 I also wanted you to see Cute As a Button (a cult fave) next to Lounge Lover and as you can see Lounge Lover is a much lighter and peachier coral.


Off Tropic- is a cool toned rich forest green. The formula once again is fantastic and oh so smooth. Opaque in ONE coat, but as you know I always do two. I am always happy to wear green and I think it's the perfect color for leaves when I get into the spring floral nail designs. :)


Here it is compared to Stylenomics, which is a much darker green (almost black). Zoya Hunter is a more yellow toned hunter green, and Off Tropic is a more blue toned hunter green. I love them all!


Pool Side Service- is my favorite of the bunch! It is a perfect mix of green and blue. I love colors that make you question, and this one does just that. Formula is fantastic and it is opaque in ONE easy coat. The swatch below is two coats.


Essie's The Perfect Cover Up is a much darker and more blue polish. One of my all time favorite polishes is Vested Interest and I thought it would be almost the same, but I was happy to find that even though they both share that same dusty quality, VI leans more green than PSS. No dupes here. Yay!


Shades On- is a mid-tone dusty purple. It has fantastic crelly formula as well and is opaque in ONE easy coat.

I fell in love with Lost My Bikini In Molokini last year and thought it would be the same, while it does have that similar dustiness, it is a few shades darker than Shades On. Essie's Suite Retreat is a more blue toned purple. I think I will keep them all. :)


Sunshine State Of Mind- is a dark and slightly dusty coral orange cream polish. It is a stunner!! I had a hard time getting a true picture of this beauty. It is showing up much brighter in the photo. The formula once again is fantastic and smooth.


I don't have anything like this in my collection. Although it's a little hard to tell in the photo, OPI AGMIHTF and Color Binge are much brighter. Sunshine State of Mind is dusty and creamier. Love it!!

I hope you found this helpful. I don't think you would be disappointed if you picked up any polishes from the collection. I would love to know which are your favorites. Let me know in the comments below. Thanks!

-Go Polished

No comments:

Post a Comment