Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tips for Liquid Sand Polishes

When liquid sand polishes came out a few years ago and were all the rage I was curious to see what all the hype was about. I heard that they dried fast, lasted longer on the nail, were opaque in one coat, were easy to use and all of polishes were so unique and beautiful. All those things intrigued me. Below are some examples of a few:




I decided to swatch one of the bottles in store to give them a little test (shame on me) and they were so scratchy! When my nail rubbed against my other fingers it totally gave me the willies! It was like someone scratching their fingernail on the chalk board. So, needless to say I didn't purchase one. But they were so pretty! Dang.

Then I had been doing a lot of research on how to cover up the texture of regular glitter on nails because obviously I have issues. Through Young Wild and Polished I discovered this handy little product-

American Classics Gelous! It is just the right rubbery thickness to cover that pesky glitter grit-along with a good top coat. So, I also tried it with my sand polishes (I only have a few), and it works great. It doesn't make it completely smooth, but smooth enough. I also pair it with a good fast drying top coat. I find it works better if you do only one coat of your sand polish that covers all the nail but isn't too thick, then one coat of Gelous and a top coat. Sometimes I will even repeat the Gelous and top coat again. Just know that if you do, it will take longer to dry.

I recently added OPI Ce-less-tial Is More from the Winter 2015 Starlight Collection! It's so beautiful. It's a silver, gold and rose gold polish with iridescent glitter. I knew it would be so perfect for New Years! A glamorous, simple and easy manicure! Or just pair it with your favorite color for a pretty accent nail.


So if you have been wanting to try liquid sand polishes, try it with this and see what you think.  I would still try other products for this purpose so I will keep searching for something even better and let you know when I find it. If you have something that you think works better than this, let me know!

-Go Polished

No comments:

Post a Comment