Thursday, November 19, 2015

Proclaiming my love for Aquaphor

I am going to take a minute here and tell you about my most favorite product for my nails-Aquaphor! 


I have loved this product for over 10 years. I use it for so many different things. I have only been using it on my nails and the skin around my nails for about 3 years.

Let me tell you how I first fell in love with this product. Several years ago I used to be a habitual lip bitter/ lip peeler-gross I know, but it's the truth. I tried SO many different lip balms and chapsticks, even vaseline, and nothing worked. Finally my friend gave me a little sample bottle of Aquaphor. I applied it to my lips 3-4 times a day and every night when I went to bed. I made sure to not pick my lips and was determined to stop this bad habit. Who likes to talk to people when they have dried cracked lips?! It was embarrassing at times. Within a few weeks my lips were healed and no longer cracked or peeled. So, there wasn't a need to do any picking so...I didn't. Habit gone! Seriously...gone! So that's how I first fell in love with Aquaphor. :)

I have always been into nail polish, but three years ago I really started to enjoy painting my nails often and looking online for fun new colors. I knew I needed to do something for my nails I had been neglecting. Ugh, I guess that leads me to reveal another bad habit (please tell me I am not alone people)-nail peeling and skin picking around my nails. Not to the point of my fingers being red and sore all the time, just enough to know that I didn't have nice nails and I figured I probably never would. I started with just applying Aquaphor to my nails and cuticles every morning and night. They started to heal and once again I stopped picking! Now I have Aquaphor on my nightstand, in my car, in my purse, and in my kitchen. I will never stop using it. I apply it to my lips and nails (and heels, elbows and baby bums)- All. The. Time. (Especially in the winter).

There are other things I did to take care of my nails as well, like wearing gloves when cleaning my house (4 kids=lots of cleaning), wearing nice thick gloves while working in the yard (one of my favorite things to do), never using my nails as tools, and keeping them painted to prevent nail peeling. All these things combined helped me so much!

While my nails aren't perfect, they are SO much better! They still tend to peel in thin layers at times, although not as much as they did. I have come to realize they always will, it's just in my genes, and that's okay, because I discovered that I can have nails that look nice if I just give them a little extra care and keep them painted. Best discovery ever! This might sound silly, but there is just something wonderful about having pretty colors on your nails. Am I right?!

So, if you are struggling with any of these habits or problems, give this product a try, and let me know how it goes. Even if you don't have any of these problems, I feel like my cuticles are so much softer and easier to push back.

*This post is not sponsored. I bought this product with my own money. All opinions are my own. :)

-Go Polished








7 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to try this! I love everything Aquaphor but have never used it on my nails, and after having kids my skin, nails and hair have really changed. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this. I'm a lip butter/peeler too. I always thought it was because I didn't drink tons of water but they still crack when I'm super hydrated. And it helps with nails!!!! Double win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Aquaphor!! It also makes the best night face cream!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ever used it as face cream. I will have to try that too!

      Delete